Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Grandma


My mom asked me to write something for my grandma's funeral, but i didn't get the message on time. I still wanted to honor and remember my grandma so i want to post this.


I miss you already

I never got to say goodbye

so many childhood memories:

eggs, bacon, all the chocolate milk i could drink,

red dirt milkshakes, porcelian figures,

southern drawl, and fried green tomatos, fried okra,

you were sassy, funny, and said what you thought,

even though sometimes it wasn't always very nice:)

watching E.T. with Kason,

going to the thrift stores,


pretty white hair, lipstick always on,

trying cafe rio, not sure if you liked it too much!

I love and miss you grandma, I wish I could've been around you more

I wish I got to say goodbye

1 comments:

vicki said...

Thanks for the beautiful tribute to grandma. She loved you guys and asked about you all the time. She loved all of her great grandkids but had a special place in her heart for Kason. She used to say, "I just love that Kason. I think it's because he loves me." I miss her so- you never know how much you miss them until they are gone. I still get my cell out to call her on my way home from work and then remember...