Monday, January 25, 2010

Farewell..... my friends

I am not a dog person. I don't like to touch them because they are dirty. I don't like them to lick me because ewww.. we all know where that tongue has been. I don't like them to jump on me because they get their muddy paws on my clean clothes. I am not a dog person. But, Jared has always insisted we have a dog and I agree as long as I don't have to take care of it. But something happened... i began liking my dog. He followed my little boys everywhere they went, he got excited when i came out in the morning because he knew i was going running and he could come along. He ran happily by my side and i felt safe. He barked at night at all the bad guys. He was lost for 6 months, but still appeared in our back window as soon as he got free. He followed us to church, to school, to field day, and to grandma's house. My Echo had actually become my friend. We also had another dog, one of echo's puppy - named sayed or thriller, whichever you prefer. He was a beautiful puppy and turning out to be a great dog like echo. A few weeks ago they were killed and i had no idea how sad i would be. It broke my heart because I asked the boys the first thing they wanted to do when we got home and they all said "go play with echo!" but he wasn't there nor was our puppy. We found out later they had been bothering a horse and a foreman shot them.. so sad. So, here's my farewell to my dogs, you will be missed and never forgotten.
(Please keep this quiet from the boys, I have not told them).

13 comments:

laurice. said...

That's so sad! I am a dog person so that breaks my heart.


Glad to hear your coming home!

Ashlee said...

I am so sad to hear about your dogs, it breaks my heart too. That is absolutely devastating.

Toni Call said...

That is sooo sad. I've had my fair share of losing pets and i cried every time. Makes me really mad at the stupid foreman!

jordanandlace said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs. I feel so bad for your little boys. I think Guerry would be willing to give you Sadie if you were looking for a new dog!

Me... said...

I was horrified when mom told me they were shot and killed! It broke my heart. I don't blame you for being sad!

Ashley said...

That is horrible! So sorry for your loss :( I had MANY pet dogs poisoned, stolen, killed or run over and left to die while growing up. Just one of the joys of Mexico! I feel so sorry for your boys. Sad. sad. sad.

vicki said...

I cried when I read your farewell to Echo and puppy. I loved Echo- especially when he found his way back home on Father's day. he was a great companion. Joseph Smith says his horse is in heaven and I'm sure Echo and puppy are there bothering him! Love you...mom

The Farmer's Wife said...

soooooo sad! We love our dogs and that was a terrible thing!

Marisa Hodges said...

Ohhh.. That is so sad. I wish you the best whenever you do end up telling the boys, thats a tough one!

Meredith said...

even rusty feels sad. i'm sorry.

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

:'(

ANGiE said...

My Mom told me about your dogs before you guys even found out and I (who am not a dog lover AT ALL) was SO SAD. I got chocked up just telling Mike about what had happened. I knew your boys would be heartbroken. I don't envy you having to give them the news. So sad!

Cathy said...

Meghan, you made me cry just reading this post! I LOVED Ecko and Thriller too and am still so sad!! To kill them was needless! They were rarely " out of the yard" and on a rare occasion when they got out they were needlessly MURDERED! I have tears streaming down my cheeks! I miss them too!! How can you not love a dog (dogs) that LOVE YOU??? My dog, Farah and I are still in mourning! (They were her father and brother!)