Saturday, October 4, 2008

Somedays i really am supermom!


I have been called "supermom" often and everytime i hear it i just think to myself "ha ha, if they only knew, i am no supermom not even close!" But once in awhile you really do feel like a supermom- i got so much accomplished today i don't know what came over me! Here's what i did:
exercised
made bacon and eggs
gave the boys chores
cleaned up breakfast
Bathed and dressed 2 youngest children
organized closets and put all the fall clothes in closets while listening to conference
put up tanner and ryder's room decorations (after 1 year it's about time)
Did 3 loads of laundry
Washed everyone's sheets (5 sets)
Played outside with the boys
Made lunch
Cleaned, swept, and mopped kitchen
organized my shoes
Cleaned the bathrooms
Read Ryder some books
Put all the sheets on and made beds
Showered and got dressed (somedays that is quite an accomplishment)
Listened to conference as i dressed, put on makeup, and did hair
Took the boys to watch dad ride the moto
Changed 6 diapers
Made dinner
Made homemade bread
made a pumpkin roll for tomorrow
Bathed 4 boys
Put pj's on the youngest boys
Put the little boys to bed
Cleaned up the kitchen
Put the big boys to bed
Now I am going to sit down and relax and watch the rest of conference that i recorded in peace and quiet!

10 comments:

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

wowie!! i'm amazed. (and i'm a tough crowd, you know.)

it's Newton's first law of motion, i'm telling you it so applies to homemaking!:
An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

p.s. save me some pumpkin roll!

p.p.s. can't wait to see the wardrobes revealed! (ok, let's be honest, the tanner and ryder wardrobes.)

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

p.p.p.s. your supermom everyday. i came over and you were fully glam and canning, holding tanner. face the facts lady! super.mom.

Toni Call said...

Wow. Is this what i have to look forward to when i have kids? What about "ME" time? Ha ha you really are supermom!

Kirsten said...

Wow, you really are supermom!! I love having those days because I feel like I make up for the days I do NOTHING!! :) Way to go!! You amaze me that you can keep up with 4, no 5 boys. That is super mom to me. I can hardly handle me 3.... *sigh*

Carlene said...

wow, way to much for this old lady to do. Hey if you go to my blog you should be able to click on jocelyn's name to see the babies.

laurice. said...

Go Meghan! You really are supermom!

Cambria said...

I think I will go and take a nap for you. =) WOW!

Meredith said...

i wouldn't believe it if i hadn't already seen you in action. i think you're supermom on any given day, even when you've done nothing but the basic stuff. any mother of 5 (yes Jared is included) is incredible.

ANGiE said...

I know what you mean Megs...the other day I had one of those days too and I thought to myself I should list EVERYTHING I did today so that next time Darron asks me, "so what do you do all day?" I CAN TELL HIM! ha ha BOYS! You can tell he doesn't have kids! :)

Elder Romney's mission said...

You go Supermom!