Saturday, June 14, 2008

God Sent An Angel To Watch Over Me


He worked through the day so that he could provide,
He taught me to pray as he knelt by my side
He guarded my childhood and all through the years,
he echoed my laughter, he calmed all my fears,
In the arms of my father, I came to believe
That God sent an angel to watch over me.
I am singing this song in church on sunday and I love the words. It is originally a mother's day song, but I changed some of the words to make it fit better for fathers because there are virtually no father's day songs. I took this picture a few days ago of Jared and the boys. He was putting them to bed and it turned into a wrestling match. I thought about how much I loved Jared and how great of a dad he was. I thought about how thankful I am for my wonderful life, husband, and boys. God really did send an angel to watch over these boys. Happy Father's Day Jared!

3 comments:

Toni Call said...

That picture is so precious! I love it. Jared is such a cute dad. I love how he is always thinking of fun things for the boys to do!

Kirsten said...

What a great dad!! Love the picture!! Priceless! How did your singing go?? Wish I could have been there to hear it... remember when I used to make you sing me to sleep at night!! hehe! You have such a lovely voice!

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

you did such a beautiful job singing on sunday. you sound like an angel, especially when you hit those high notes! now you better sing more often, you can just sing as you play the organ, like a one man show! ha ha i LOVE this pic of jar and the boys! it is just so cute!