Monday, June 16, 2008

Unexpected Father's Day Gift

About 5 months ago, our dog, Echo, disappeared and we haven't seen him since. Then, Sunday morning we were eating breakfast and I saw a black tail swish by the kitchen window. I said to the boys, "Is that Echo?". I was joking, but I took a closer look and sure enough it looked just like Echo. I yelled to Jared, "You have to come see this, I think Echo is back!!" Jared ran to the door and confirmed that it was indeed Echo. I can't believe it and it all happened on Father's Day, a great gift for Jared who truly loved and missed this dog! Jared thinks he must've been stolen and finally got away and came running home! Even I, a non-animal lover, am happy to see him home again.

This is what we saw while eating breakfast!
Jared with his present and cool tie the boys made at a primary activity
Happy to see his dog again!
Ryder even gave him his cereal he was so glad to see him!

8 comments:

Kirsten said...

That is so crazy that he just showed up again!!! I bet everyone was happy to see him and it looks like he is happy to see everyone too!! He knew just were to come... the drive up window!!

Toni Call said...

That is amazing! I'm glad you guys got him back! I always cried everytime one my dogs died or went missing. YOu really get attached to animals! Ryder is so dang cute. I can't wait to see him again!

laurice. said...

Are guys and their dogs! That’s crazy that it showed up again...that never happens!

Me... said...

How funny and ironic that the dog came back. The pic of Ryder feeding Echo is adorable. I also love Jared's tie!

The Farmer's Wife said...

That is wild! But I am glad he is back....I am sure that my dogs will be glad too! hehe

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

That is too cool! I'm sure your kids prayed for him to come back and it worked! That was always a testimony-building experience for my kids.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I just read that you got called to be the new organist. Congrats! That is one of my favorite callings. I'm also the organist here in CJ and we finally got our organ fixed, so I can play again!

Kirsten said...

Love the new blog background!! I almost picked it but didn't b/c I just did red and black! We think too much alike! We had an enrichment class on Blogging last night. I learned alot!! I had to teach about getting cute backgrounds!