Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm a big boy now!!

Much to my astonishment Ryder is making HUGE strides in potty training this week. I can't believe it because just last week I would have to pin him down to put underwear on him and then he would take them right off. He had no interest whatsoever. So, I was thinking, he is really into ownership (as most 2 years olds are) and told him "these aren't your underwear, I will give them to Kason, their his" Wow did that work wonders, he immediately said, "no not Kason's MINE" I used the same psychology about his potty seat and now he has been wearing underwear and using the potty for almost a week now! He even tells me when he has to go. This is a great relief as I was changing 2 babies diapers around 12-15 per day. Here he is proudly on "HIS" potty seat eating a ice cream cone going pee, I know this is not too sanitary, but whatever it takes, right???? Also check out my new bathroom tile, I have completely remodeled my 50 year old bathroom, more pictures to come later (as soon as Jared puts up that darn light fixture!!!)

6 comments:

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

yea for ryder!! good job mommy! don't worry, i won't tell uncle cj about the eating+potty thing. big boy ryder! cute cute.

Toni Call said...

Ryder is too funny! I'm happy for you... i can't imagine what it would be like to have to change 2 kids diapers!

BarbaraJo said...

Good job! Love your shower curtain.

laurice. said...

Wow! Wished it was us I am so over dipers!

Kirsten said...

I am so proud of you, Ryder!!! You are a big boy!!! And good job mom!!! It is a big accomplishment for BOTH child and parent!!

I miss him so much!! He is so cute and funny and I love him!! BTW, LOVE the tile!!! It looks gorgeous!! Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

You definitely need to save that picture for his eternal companion.