Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Adventures in the rain

For family night last night we went to see the river here in Dublan that is overflowing!! This is only seen maybe once or twice in a lifetime here because it is usually so dry. Here is a picture of the boys on the four wheeler, the river starts beyond the trees, but is flooding over into this orchard.

I can't believe how beautiful and green it is here right now. Before I lived here I was used to living in Ohio where rain and green trees and grass are just a given. I had NEVER heard of praying for rain, irrigation, or sage brush! I snapped these pictures from the back of the four wheeler, it just looks so pretty right now.

After our fourwheeler ride we decided to get into the hot tub in the rain, until the lightening started and I made everyone get out!


Tanner especially loved the rain, just laughing and squealing through the whole storm.


There is nothing more beautiful and needed than rain in the desert (unless you're a chile farmer!)

8 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

I think we were all out checking on the river last night...great FHE activity! Hey I tagged you....

laurice. said...

What a great FHE! We were driving in last night and saw the river....crazy!

BarbaraJo said...

That is so true. I feel for everyone with chile. But I love the rain.

Toni Call said...

I couldn't beleive how green it was when we drove into town tonight! It's amazing what some rain can do.

Dena said...

Great- the one time a year when things turn green and we're not there! Fun FHE! AND "there is nothing so beautiful than"...seeing a baby smile with his little front teeth! CUTE!

Ashley said...

*sigh* it is SO pretty! Yeah--- you definitely hardly ever even see ANY water in the river so that is amazing! Loves it... wish I were there...

BarbaraJo said...

Hi...tell jared we want to go to the lake this weekend. Garrett will get the boat and do all the driving. It's about time we SKI!!! Yeah.

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

i LOVE tanner! that pic is too cute!!! i can't believe this crazy rain either. our grass in our backyard has almost no bare spots! it's almost normal!! ;)