Monday, July 28, 2008

CREATURES


My boys love to find pets and with this wet weather they keep finding frogs, frogs, and more frogs!!! They bring them in the house and they jump around my kitchen until we gather them all up and I make them take their "pets" outside. They also went "fishing" in the ditch for mouse fish. It turns out mouse fish are little tadpoles. So outside on our wall we have a bucketful of tadpoles who are starting to grow their feet. It is actually interesting to watch. Never a dull moment or a clean kitchen floor!

5 comments:

Cambria said...

ewww- that is gross, and amazingly I have the same bucket at my house! What lucky mommies we are to watch this wonderful amphibian process. You are nice though, I won't let them in the house=)

laurice. said...

awwww....got to love boys!

vicki said...

Your blog title sure fits these pictures...that is what little boys are made of! You are a great mom to let them be boys!!
Mom

Kirsten said...

I remember catching frogs when I was little!! ewww... I probably wouldn't touch them now!!! The other day Peyton brought a snake home!!! what the??? gross! He wanted to keep it but I said NO WAY! You are such a good mommy!

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

ew. the first time i saw a tadpole- oh, two weeks ago at the 24th of july party at the calls. (see my post about life lessons, in case you didn't know that turtles will eat tadpoles.) those kids are lucky!