Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tagged

Ok so I was tagged by Shelley to name 6 things about me that are either boring or quirky. And since I am a pretty boring person this was easy!
1. I enjoy reading cookbooks when I am bored or have free time. I know I am a loser, but I saw my mom doing it too while she was here, so I must get it from her!
2. I go through sewing obsessions. Every 6 months or so I go through sewing obsessions and go way overboard. While I was preggo with tanner it was minky. I made him at least 5 minky blankets including this quilt which he loves!

Now it is hooter hiders. Who knew? I thought just using a blanket was great to nurse with but I used one and I am hooked. I am also hooked on making them, finding cute fabric for them, etc.. I own at least five because I make them for other people and like them so much I decide to keep them!

What is next? I think it will be aprons thanks to all of Shelley's inspiration!

3. I am a sucker for a bargain. Yet again, something I inherited from my mother. If I am shopping for something, I wait and wait and wait until I finally find the best bargain EVER!! Like this $400 double jogging stroller I purchased for only $100!! Yahoo for me!


4. I am also obsessed with swimsuits. At the beginning of this summer I told Jared I had no swimsuits to wear and had to purchase a few. He then preceded to my bottom drawer of my dresser and counted nearly 20 of them! Oops, I still ended up buying 3 more for this summer and I deserve it , I practically live at the pool with my boys. Here is the one I just bought and yes, she looks way better than me in it!5. I like to listen not talk. Most people (including Jared) think that is soooo BORING! I just like to sit at a dinner table and listen to everyone. Jared just doesn't get it because in his loud Jones family the rule is , "if you want to talk, talk louder than anyone else".

6. I am very hard on myself or a perfectionist at times. In second grade my teacher had to make up a song like this "Everyone makes mistakes oh yes they do... your father, mother, brother sister too. Big people, small people, everyone makes mistakes so why can't you?" Apparently I would cry at my desk everytime I messed up (Jamison seems to be inheriting this from me). I still do this as an adult, I will sit and think about all my organ playing mistakes for 3 or 4 days, etc. etc.

Well, this was fun so now I tag... MOM, TONI, KIRSTEN, AND CAMBRIA

6 comments:

laurice. said...

I'm a perfectionist also! Sometimes I drive myself crazy trying to get things just right.

Jan T. said...

Meghan,
Hi, I'm a friend of Shelley's. Shelley tagged me too, so I blog hopped and read your blog. I am wondering where that cute swimsuit is from!? I love it! I too am obsessed with swimsuits, and I love that the top on that one is sooo long!:) Please share!:) Cute blog & cute family!
Jan Turley
(Jared probably knows my sister-in-law Macie)

Jan T. said...

Thanks Meghan! I forgot that I used to buy from layers clothing! We got a new "Shade" store in Centerville, so I always go there instead! Got my swimsuit ordered today! Thanks again!

The Farmer's Wife said...

So Fun Meg! You are not boring..you forgot to add that your new love is playing the organ on Sundays! hehe

Kirsten said...

I read cookbooks too!!! I love to do this... and I also go through sewing obsessions too. I haven't had one in awhile but I bet if you taught me how to make those hooter hiders I would start up again!!! I want to learn to make aprons too!

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

hi, remember me, i forgot to comment for-ever. sorry bout that. so here's like a 10-for-1. YOURE AWESOME!! that's what i think about all that. and not boring, just awesome. loves ya! :)