Friday, March 20, 2009

Baptism


I felt sad and depressed all day long of "the big baptism day." I don't know why.. maybe because my first baby is growing up too fast, maybe because i was feeling old, or maybe just because it was my first baptism and i was feeling nervous and overwhelmed! Whatever the reason, the feeling disappeared as we arrived at the church. It was such a perfect baptism and couldn't have gone any better! Then we had friends for pizza and cake afterwards. After all the party and fun, Jamison said, "This is the best day EVER". I was afraid to ask him what was his favorite part because I thought he would say the party, but I asked him anyways. He said his favorite part was getting baptized and then his second favorite part was getting confirmed! I was so proud. Then we started talking about how he now needs to repent. He asked "what if you are standing up in the back of the truck? Do I need to repent for that" (I am assuming he was doing that on the way home from the party). I told him he didn't have to repent for that, and he seemed to be relieved he was still "perfect". It really was the best day EVER!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

how exciting! you guys all look so great!

Cathy said...

There is something sobering about the "firsts" in your children's lives! Wait till he goes on a mission and then gets married! (And even has a child of HIS own!) I was feeling bad about missing the baptism so I checked your blog, hoping for an update! I'm glad you posted the pictures. I LOVE technology! Congratulations to Jamison and JARED AND MEGHAN on this milestone!

Kirsten said...

I got a little teary eyed reading that... I don't know why. He is just so cute and sweet and I can't believe you have a kid that is baptized!!!!

Kirsten said...

Love the dress, by the way!

laurice. said...

awww...what a sweet little boy!

Ashley said...

That's awesome! Way to go Jamison! Love the part about him asking if he has to repent for standing up in the back of the truck! haha So silly.

vicki said...

I am a sad grandma to have missed such a special occasion...how I love Jamison...I remember what a beautiful baby he was...my first grandchild! And look at him now. I am so proud of you Jamison- you are very special and have a wonderful family. I'll see you guys in April. Meghan, love the hair and outfit!

vicki said...

Oh Meghan...I'd love to get prints of the baptism pics. Could you send them to my walmart or walgreens account? And the birthday pics too. Thanks, mom

Me... said...

First things first... I LOVE your hair color! Your eyes really "pop"! Now, on to the stuff that matters eternally, haha... I love Jamison and am so proud of him being baptized! He is a righteous little boy (he'll be obedient like Jeffrey when he's 16, just wait and see). I wish I could've been there! Made me homesick for you, Jared, and the boys!

ANGiE said...

CONGRATULATIONS JAMISON! We are SO proud of you! And so happy to hear that you had such a great day! We wish we could've seen you be baptized! We love you! You're awesome!

Aunt Angie, Olivia and Tessa

Nicole said...

I can't believe Jamison is 8! Where has the time gone? Well, if it makes you feel better you don't look any older- just more kids! Hope everything is well and Kason is healed up! Miss you guys!!