Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tooth nightmare


I've never had a cavity, braces, nothing... but Kason has made up for all that these past weeks! Poor guy started screaming with tooth pain for two nights until we could finally go to the dentist on Monday morning. Turns out he had a tooth infection underneath his filling the dentist put in a few weeks ago. So, the dentist took out the filling, gave him a pulpotomy, and some antibiotics. He ran a high fever for a few days and things looked like they were getting better, but then I noticed his cheek was still swollen and puffy and there was a ball of something under his chin. So I took him back and the dentist now has to pull the whole tooth out! Ouch! He hasn't lost a tooth yet so this will be his first visit from the tooth fairy. Poor boy!

8 comments:

Toni Call said...

Ohh just seeing his face in the picture makes me sad! Poor kason!

Kirsten said...

poor little guy! He looks so miserable but he is still so handsome! :) I hope you feel better in time for Utah, Kason! I have lots of fun things planned just for you!!! Love you!

BarbaraJo said...

Wow...that is a lot for him to go through. Good thing the dentist is just down the street.

Cambria said...

poor kid, poor you, poor money down the drain. I hope it all gets better once and for all!

laurice. said...

That's horrible! Poor little man.

vicki said...

Poor Kason! Grandma is thinking of you. Mouth infections are nothing to mess with- too close to the brain! Hope everything goes well. The tooth fairy will have to visit you in Utah!
Grandma Houseman

Me... said...

Ouch! Poor buddy! But oh my goodness, he truly does look like a young Bill O'Reilly!!! (Handsome, of course!)

ANGiE said...

Poor Kason! That's stinks. My kids HATE going to the dentist. And we've got three cavities to fill that I keep putting off cause they hate it so much, guess I better get in before it gets worse! Hope Kason's feeling better!