Monday, September 15, 2008

Something's Familar

I am in the process of organizing pictures into photo albums and came across some funny pictures of Ryder.


I guess some things don't ever change. I knew his personality when I was pregnant with him. I could feel him kicking me at 12 weeks and he hasn't slowed down since! This little ball of energy has been getting into things, getting hurt, and making disasters since he was born! His most recent disaster was craft paint, yes craft paint, all over my living room carpet. I was rocking the baby to sleep and decided he was just too quiet. I headed down the hall where i found this:

Then I found the culprit:

Oh no, please not the carpet, i thought! But, of course that is the place all the paint went, not the tile floors, but my carpet. (THIS IS NOT ALL THE DAMAGE EITHER!)

It is a mother's nightmare, but it does have one plus to it. Jared said we could just replace the carpet instead of trying to get all the paint out. I did hate that carpet, i hurried to replace it with whatever i could find when we first moved in because hot pink carpet didn't go with my decor. It is too light and stains too easily. Don't tell Jared but I already have full living room remodel plans- hey since we get new carpet, why not redecorate the whole room, right??

11 comments:

Toni Call said...

Oh my gosh, Ryder is a handful! Ha ha i can't help but laugh though. At least you're getting new carpet, that's awesome!

vicki said...

Oh how I love little Bongo! I think he is here to help us learn patience... he's so darn cute you can't get too mad...plus, Jared would have never thought of new carpet without some paint to help him! You are such a good mommy...but you definitely need a few girls nights (or week) to keep your sanity! Aunt Kay told Steph to check your blog...she's mad that Bella got too messy with ice cream...this will make her count her blessings! love you, mom

BarbaraJo said...

That is hillarious. Who could take that angel face for such a sneak. Haha....search and destroy!

Terra Zobrist said...

I don't even know what to say about all that except good luck!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Okay, he's going to be an artist when he grows up! You must encourage him! LOL. Hey, it was great hanging with you the other day. Hope we can do it again soon!

Elder Romney's mission said...

But you wouldnt trade him for the world!

Meredith said...

Nothing is more fun than watching Ryder do . . . anything. He's so much fun. I love him.

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

i still cannot believe it. that ryder! it's a good thing he's cute.

Kirsten said...

That is the funniest post I have ever read!!! I am glad you get new carpet! Maybe I should give logan some paint..... hmmmm....

vicki said...

I used this "Bongo story" in my sacrament talk today!
Mom

The Farmer's Wife said...

Meg...I think there is a theme here...don't you??;) This time passes so fast...love the messes that are easy to clean up...when they get older the messes get more complicated;)...hehe...cute little man!