Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Family Member


Much to my dismay, we got yet another pet cat. We have gone through several and am not sure I am ready to start again. Some have run away, others have died. Our favorite was an orange cat Kason named Garfield that died about 7 months ago- right after Tanner was born. Kason, my animal lover, was devasted. A few months after that I was in a teacher's conference with Kason's preschool teacher and she told me how much Kason loved his cat Garfield and always talked about him and drew pictures of him. I was in shock. I told the teacher the cat had been dead for months and she told me Kason never said it had died. I felt sooo bad. Well, our neighbors cat had kittens and the boys talked me into taking a cute little gray one home. Kason is thrilled and loves to hold it and play with him. And of course, he is a boy. Kason has named him E.T. (he is obsessed with this movie right now)

4 comments:

laurice. said...

Love the name! That broke my heart that he talked all the time about the other one like it was still alive! The circus....how fun....when I first moved here and the circus was in town one of the elephants got lose and was wandering through town and I remember thinking where do I live!

Kirsten said...

Cute name!! Love it! I love Kason! He is so cute and you are such a sucker for getting another cat!! haha!! I have learned my lesson and will NEVER get any more animals!!

Toni Call said...

Kason is just like me when i was little! I ALWAYS had a pet cat. They all ran away or died somehow, but i would always convince my mom to get me a new one. SHe would always say "Will YOU feed him and take of him every single day?", of course i said I would, but we all know that only lasted the first few days. Poor mom! I can't believe my "kitty" (who never got a real name) is still around!

BarbaraJo said...

The circus was great. Not bad for MExico. IT was fun to see you...wish we could have visited more. I can't believe how much everyone changes when you don't see them on a daily basis. We miss you guys.